Saturday, February 7, 2009

Record Temp


Iowa may be the Hawkeye state, but there are plenty of them here in Kansas also. My job pleasures me with driving all over the state and I have noticed a lot of different Hawk like birds. I bought a book at Borders that pictures birds that are most likely to be found in Kansas and sure enough there are a lot of birds of prey that spend at least some of the year in Kansas. The photo is of the very common Red Tailed Hawk. I took it today at the Home and Garden Show in Kansas City. Don't move too quick, it has its eye on you! My brother Bob came down from Topeka and we went there together.

I also went for a bike ride. The temps were a record 70 degrees and winds were not too bad in the 10 to 15 mph range.

Hope you had as good a day as I did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment