Sunday, March 8, 2009

Long Exhausting Week





This was a long week ending with our Affiliated Foods Midwest Spring Food Show in Omaha, NE. There was a one day set up ( Thursday) and a show on Friday/Saturday with tear down and return home on Saturday. The shows are fun in that it's a change of pace, you see new products and visit with old friends and make some new ones. It just makes for some very long hard days. The week began with a trip to Downs Kansas and a tour of Cawker City, Kansas and a viewing of the Worlds Largest Ball Of Twine. Something Cawker City is justly proud of. Forget it all you wanabees. There is a Ball Of String Festival weekend every year in which the add twin to the ball so they can stay ahead of all the imitators. Of equal interest to me was the Ball Of Twine Inn just across the street. I didn't find it on the Best 100 Places you have to visit before you die list, but I'm sure it was just an oversight.

Today I just sort of rested. I did go the Shawnee Mission Park for a walk and to try to find a good sign of Spring to photograph. The grass is starting to green up and I found this Pussy Willow just about to pop, but I think it is still a week early. I also found this Bluebird setting on top of his home. If I did that they would call someone!

Have a Great Week :)
Better Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment